S P L A T
Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.
S P L A T

S P L A T forum

Du er ikke logget ind. Log ind eller registrer dig her.

religion

2 deltagere

Go down  Besked [Side 1 af 1]

1religion Empty religion Tors 30 Dec 2010 - 19:09

Helge

Helge
Menneske Paladin/Troldmand

Religion:

Greon: God of all external, outward aspects of humanity (Lust, Urges, Violence, Destruction, Lordship, Giving/Providing, the ”hard” crafts, grudges and so on)

Depicted as a male warrior

Aya: Godess of all internal, inward aspects of humanity (Love, Joy, Beauty, Fertility, Bounty, Recieving, the ”soft” crafts, forgiving and so on)

Depicted as a woman with either a babe suckling at her breast or a sheaf nestled in the crook of her arm.

Danu: God of all that is not: (Dreams, Death, Luck/Chance)

depicted as a hooded, faceless figure in a loose gown with no features.

Basically there are two ”cults” in the church of Arvandor

The first, The ”Dominionists” or ”Traditionalists”, believe in the dominion of Greon and their Gospel states that there once was a woman who was heavy with child. As the time of delivery grew near she went apart with a wisewoman and went into labour. But the labour was prolonged and the child in her womb began to kick more and more desperately. In the end, the babe tore itself through her belly and she died in that same moment. The child was Greon and he had killed already at the hour of his birth. He then looked at the wisewoman and slew her too, for his lust for the kill was not sated. Then he went to the people of his mother and they looked upon him with wonder and fell on their faces and worshipped him. He then led his people into the lands to conquer all lands in his name. He was like a fearsome beast, killing foes with hands, teeth and sword alike. In the end the people he had not yet conquered tried to bribe him with gold and precious stone, but Greon threw it on the ground and killed the envoys, for great was his urge to destroy. They then produced the most beautiful woman and gave her to Greon to apeace him, and Greon now for the first time riden with lust took the woman for his bride, but slew the envoys none the less, and conquered their lands and people. Now Aya, as the Bride of Greon was called, began her clever ruse, twisting her female cunning into the thaughts and actions of Greon until they were locked together in deed and word. From their union sprang a child that was neither male nor female, and Aya named it Danu and gave her love to it, but Greon took the child to slay it for its abominability, and only the prayers and gentle touch of his bride stood his hand. Instead he threw the child into the netherworld to care for the dreams on the living and the souls of the dead. And thus it has been ever since.

The second, the ”Revelationists”, believe in the sacred scriptures which surfaced about a thousand years ago, which clashed with the traditional church in the role of the three dieties. The Revelation Gospel tells the comming of the gods as follows. There was a being which was both male and female. The people called its male side Dan, which is man in the hyberion language, and its female side Anu, which is woman in the same language. In common terms the diety became known as the god Danu. Danu was the god of all people and all lands. There came a time when the God Danu felt a strange movement comming over itself and it impregnated itself. From its loin sprang a wild warrior with eyes ablaze with fury and wrath. It called the child Greon which means warrior in the language of the hyberians. Danu saw the fury in the eyes of its child, but saught to harness the anger by sending forth into the lands to conquer those who had strayed from the path of Danu. And Greon went forth with an army of wild men and beasts and measured punishment out to those who has paid scarce regard to his sire and mistress, Danu. After having fought for many years Greon returned to Danu but his lust for blood and war had not diminished in the slightest, instead it had reached new heights. Danu saw this and reckoned that there must be a way to control its child, Greon and again it impregnated itself and this time a beautiful girl filled with joy and laughter sprang from its loins. Danu called the girl Aya, which is mother in the language of the ancients. Danu gave the girl to Greon to be its wife and then as a gift on their wedding-day Danu gave the two the lordship of all men and all lands, and Danu withdrew to the netherlands and took care of the dead and the dreaming. Greon and his bride Aya then divided between the rule of people and lands and all was content.

The first, Traditional lore is strong throughout Arvandor and the second, newer lore is strongest at the west and south, where strangers bore the lore into Arvandor aboard tradeships and wagons.

The second lore is still somewhat young and have not reached proper strength within the church, as most chuch-officials are strict ”Traditionalists”, the Arch-Bishop of Taramane however have taken a fancy to this new gospel and this may herald of a time of turmoil in the church.

det er en lille indblik i religionen i Arvandor, der selvfølgelig er meget mere indviklet.

der er forskel på hvordan folk af den gamle traditionelle tro reagerer på ny-troende, så vælg venligst rigtigt for jeres karakter.

2religion Empty Sv: religion Fre 31 Dec 2010 - 11:47

Janushedemann

Janushedemann
Halv-elver Diplomat

Kan vi ikke få en hierakisk liste over kirken ?
Evt med navne til top placeringer og måske familie relationer / alliancer mm

Jeg kunne også rigtig godt tænke mig at høre hvor de forskellige kirkeledere sidder henne, altså har sæde.

/J

3religion Empty Sv: religion Fre 31 Dec 2010 - 11:50

Janushedemann

Janushedemann
Halv-elver Diplomat

Ogxså gerne med hvor lang tid de har siddet hvor de sidder ?
Så kan man bedre vurdere hvor meget de har nået at sætte deres eget præg på organisatiónen

/J

4religion Empty Sv: religion Fre 31 Dec 2010 - 13:07

Helge

Helge
Menneske Paladin/Troldmand

de er på who is who listen, altså fra bisper og op, men der er ikke noget med hvor længe de har siddet, fordi a) jeres personer ikke aner det fordi i ikke er inde i church-business og b) jeg gider ikke bruge tid på at lave data om nogen i ikke skal bruge, så i må undersøge og spørge ingame om dem i ønsker info om, så må jeg håbe på det er dem jeg har data på eller winge den...

der kommer en who is who liste til spillet, som jeg printer til jer efter hver session, med nye data på så i er opdateret, men den får sin egen tråd...

5religion Empty Sv: religion Søn 2 Jan 2011 - 14:24

Janushedemann

Janushedemann
Halv-elver Diplomat

Ok, fint fint.

Det var også egentlig mere for at vide de øverste i hierakiet og hvor de sidder.
De er jo heller ikke helt ubetydelige brikker i magtspillet.

/J

Sponsoreret inhold

Tilbage til toppen  Besked [Side 1 af 1]

Forumtilladelser:
Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum